Looking For Mice And Pest Control Near You?
You’ll want to act fast as soon as you recognize the signs of a pest infestation. Not only are many people grossed out by pests, but some of these pests carry diseases or damage your home – or both. Fortunately, no matter what kind of pest or rodent has invaded your home, we can fix the problem for you. Call the Peoria area’s most-trusted mice and pest control near you: Albert’s Termite & Pest Control.
What’s The Best Way To Get Rid Of Pests?
For more than 40 years, the experienced people at Albert’s have been taking care of Peoria-area homes and businesses plagued with termites, cockroaches, bees, fleas, ants, rodents and other pests. The safety and effectiveness of our methods are of the highest priority to us. When chemicals are needed, we use only those that are EPA-approved. All our technicians are well-trained and certified.
Can Mice And Rats Be Kept Out?
Rodents can be pretty determined to find access to your home or business. However, it’s worth the effort to do everything possible to prevent them from getting in. Mice often seek shelter and warmth when the weather cools. However, they can show up in any season. They want to share your warmth and food! The smallest of openings are all they need to move right in. Mice only require an opening as small as a dime. Rats require an opening the size of a quarter. Prevention lies in making it difficult for these pests to slip inside. Here are our suggestions to deter and discourage mice, rats and many other pests:
- Perform a do-it-yourself inspection: Are there any openings in your home’s exterior? Remember what small openings many pests require, and seal every opening you find.
- Check out your foundation. Do you need to make any repairs? If you have any openings, seal them.
- Look around pipes and vents. Are there any gaps? Make certain pests can’t get around these openings.
Am I Attracting Pests By Accident?
It takes very little to attract household pests. You may find you’ve invited these pests by accident. To help prevent an infestation, here are some basic things to try:
- Never leave pet food out where it could attract rodents, roaches or other pests.
- Practice sanitation and good housekeeping.
- Choose trash cans that rodents cannot gnaw through and keep them tightly covered.
- If you have fruit or nut trees, clean up fallen fruits and nuts often so they do not attract pests.
- Check your garage and basement for items potentially attractive to pests – things like grass seed or flower bulbs. If you have something like that, store it in rodent-proof containers.
What Dangers Do Rodents Pose?
People throughout history have dreaded rodent infestation with good reason. These pests’ teeth never stop growing, so they are driven to gnaw constantly to keep them worn down. Because rodents consider your wiring, drywall and other parts of your home to be convenient things to gnaw on, you want to get them out before they can cause serious damage. But there are even more vital reasons to keep rodents out of your home: They carry serious diseases. It’s best to consult a professional to safely deal with a serious mouse infestation or a rat problem. Their bodies, droppings and dried urine could infect you if not properly dealt with.
Just How Destructive Are Termites, Anyway?
Termites can literally consume your house! The sooner they are dealt with, the sooner you can prevent them from causing devastating damage to your home. If you haven’t had a termite inspection since you purchased your house some years ago, it’s time to have another one. If you find any signs of an infestation, time is of the essence. Call us for a professional termite inspection. If you do have an infestation in your home or non-food business, we have a 100 percent effective treatment: Termidor.
Do You Want To Be Pest-Free?
Pests rarely go away on their own. The sooner you call us, the sooner you can enjoy a safe, sanitary, pest-free environment. For the best mice and pest control near you, turn to Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. Call us today at 309-839-9840.