Call The Mouse Exterminator Peoria IL Trusts
If you have a mouse in the house, you probably want him evicted pronto. The mouse exterminator Peoria IL trusts is Albert’s Termite & Pest Control.
How Can I Prevent Mice From Coming Inside?
Mice can famously squeeze through an opening the size of a dime, so it’s not always easy to keep them out. You can, however, make it harder for rodents to gain access. Some of the things you can do include:
- Seal cracks in your home’s exterior.
- Properly seal all doors and windows with tight-fitting screens and weather stripping.
- Be sure all doors and windows are properly sealed with tight-fitting screens and appropriate weather stripping.
- Inspect your house for broken windows, damaged sills or siding and foundation cracks.
- Seal or screen over gaps around pipes and stove, dryer and foundation vents.
- Install flashing to keep pests from climbing up your siding and getting into the attic.
How Can I Make My Home Less Inviting To Mice?
The last thing you want to do is “invite” the mice in. Our technicians can identify potential problems during their visit. Here are some ways to help keep mice out of your home:
- Don’t leave uncovered food sitting out, including pet food. Keep it in containers mice cannot gnaw through, such as metal or glass.
- Practice good sanitation and housekeeping.
- Remove any piles of debris, stones, bricks, etc. around your home that could shelter rodents.
- Cover trash cans with snug, metal lids. Mice can gnaw through plastic.
- Store pet and bird food in tightly sealed glass or metal containers.
- Elevate your compost container at least 1 foot off the ground.
- Pick up around fruit trees so fallen fruit or nuts do not remain on the ground.
- Clean up your garage: Tightly contain lawn seed, tulip bulbs and bone meal.
- Eliminate hiding places by removing ivy, trimming shrubs, elevating firewood, and keeping bushes away from the home’s foundation.
Can Mice Damage A House?
Unfortunately, mice and other rodents can indeed damage your home. Because their teeth never stop growing, they are driven to gnaw, and they may gnaw on wiring, drywall and other parts of your home.
Do Mice Spread Disease?
Like other rodents, mice may carry diseases, including the hantavirus and salmonella.
Are You Ready To Be Mouse-Free?
If you don’t want rodents as roommates, give us a call. The mouse exterminator Peoria IL trusts is Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. Give us a call today at 309-839-9840.