The Rodent Control Peoria IL Trusts
If you have a problem with mice or rats, you’re probably in a big hurry to get them out of there. That’s understandable – nobody wants rodent roommates! They are hazardous to your health. For the fast, safe and effective rodent control Peoria IL trusts, call Albert’s Termite & Pest Control.
How Can I Prevent Rodents From Getting Into My House?
Keeping a determined rodent from getting into a building isn’t easy. They are drawn to the warmth and food, and they can squeeze into small openings you didn’t even realize existed. Did you know mice can squeeze through an opening the size of a dime and rats can squeeze through an opening the size of a quarter? It’s important to do everything you can to make it more difficult for these pests to gain access to your home. Some recommended methods to help keep rodents out include:
- Seal all cracks in your home’s exterior, even very small ones. Remember, they only need a tiny opening to get into your house.
- Seal all doors and windows in your home. Use tight-fitting screens and appropriate weather stripping.
- Make a careful inspection of your house. Do you have any broken windows, damaged sills or siding? How about foundation cracks? Make any necessary repairs.
- Look for gaps around pipes and stove, dryer and foundation vents.
- Install flashing to keep rodents and other pests from climbing up your siding and getting into the attic.
How Can I Make My Home Less Inviting To Rodents?
You have to make it clear to rodents that they are definitely not welcome! Our technicians can identify potential problems during their visit. Here are some tips for you:
- Never leave uncovered food – including pet food – out where it could attract rodents. Keep it in containers rodents cannot gnaw through. Good materials for this include metal or glass but not plastic.
- Good sanitation and housekeeping are always important.
- Remove any piles of debris, stones, bricks, etc. around your home that could shelter rodents.
- Cover trash cans with snug, metal lids rodents cannot gnaw through.
- If you have pets, store all pet and bird food in tightly sealed glass or metal containers.
- If you have a compost container, elevate it to at least 1 foot off the ground.
- If you have fruit or nut trees, keep the area free of fallen fruits and nuts. Any such foods that remain on the ground can attract rodents.
- Check your garage for potential items attractive to rodents. If you are storing lawn seed, tulip bulbs, bone meal or other things that might attract rodents, keep them in tightly enclosed and rodent-proof containers.
- Eliminate hiding places that may harbor rodents by removing ivy, trimming shrubs, elevating firewood and keeping bushes away from the home’s foundation.
How Do Rodents Damage Houses?
Because their teeth never stop growing, rodents like rats and mice are driven to gnaw constantly. If rodents gnaw on your wiring, drywall and other parts of your home, the damage can be considerable.
Do Rodents Spread Disease?
There’s a reason people throughout history have dreaded rodents in their living spaces. Rodents are a health hazard that may carry many diseases, including the hantavirus, salmonella, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, rat-bite fever – even bubonic plague. A rat’s saliva urine and droppings can spread some diseases. So can a dead rat. Let us help make your home rodent-free and restore it to safety with our experience and necessary safety equipment.
Are You Ready To Be Rodent-Free?
Nobody wants a rodent as a roommate! Give us a call. For the rodent control Peoria IL trusts, turn to Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. Give us a call today at 309-839-9840.