Pest And Rodent Control Near You
Rodents and other pests can make it impossible to relax and enjoy your home – and not just because of the ick factor. Some of them are hazardous to your health and can damage your home. If you want to evict any kind of pest or rodent from your home quickly and safely and effectively, call the pest and rodent control near you in Peoria. Call Albert’s Termite & Pest Control.
What Kinds Of Pests Does Albert’s Handle?
For 40 years, Albert’s has been helping Peoria-area homes and businesses get rid of termites, bees, fleas, cockroaches, ants and rodents and more – using safe and effective methods.
What Can I Do To Prevent Mice And Rats From Getting Inside?
It takes work to keep a determined rodent from getting into a home or business. They often seek shelter from cold weather, but they can be a problem at any time of year. They are drawn to the warmth and food of your home or business. You have probably heard that mice can squeeze through an opening as small as a dime and rats can squeeze through an opening as small as a quarter. But there are ways to make it more difficult for these pests to gain access to your home. We recommended the following methods to keep rodents (and many other pests) out:
- Check for cracks in your home’s exterior. Seal even the smallest ones, keeping in mind what small openings they require to get in.
- Make a careful inspection of your house’s foundation. If necessary, make repairs.
- Check for gaps around pipes and vents. Install flashing to keep pests from climbing up your siding and getting into the attic.
What Are Some Ways To Avoid Attracting Pests?
Our experienced technicians can help identify potential problems, but here are some things to keep in mind:
- Never leave uncovered food – including pet food – out where it could attract rodents, roaches or other pests.
- Remember the importance of sanitation and good housekeeping.
- Cover trash cans to avoid attracting bugs. Use snug, metal lids rodents cannot gnaw through.
- Store pet bird food in appropriate containers.
- If you have fruit or nut trees, keep the area free of fallen fruits and nuts.
- Check your garage for potential items attractive to pests.
What Harm Can Rodents Do?
Rodents’ teeth never stop growing, so they gnaw constantly. You want them gone before they decide your wiring, drywall and other parts of your home are convenient things to gnaw on! In addition, rodents present a health hazard.
Should I Worry About Termites?
Termites are destructive and can cause devastating damage to your home. If you suspect a termite infestation, or if it’s been some time since your last termite inspection, give us a call. If you have termites in your home or non-food business, we can get rid of them via Termidor, a 100 percent effective treatment that will manage colonies in three months or less.
Are You Ready To Be Pest-Free?
Let’s get the pests out! For the pest and rodent control Peoria trusts, turn to Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. Call us today at 309-839-9840.