Call The Rodent Control East Peoria IL Trusts
Nobody wants rodent roommates! Beyond the ick factor, they are hazardous to your health and can damage your house. If you want to take care of the problem quickly, safely and effectively, get the rodent control East Peoria IL trusts. Call Albert’s Termite & Pest Control.
What Can I Do To Prevent Rodents From Gaining Entry?
It isn’t easy to keep a determined rodent from getting into a building. They often seek shelter when the weather cools in the fall, but they can be a problem at any time of year. They are drawn to the warmth and food, and they can squeeze into small openings you didn’t even realize existed. Did you know mice can squeeze through an opening the size of a dime and rats can squeeze through an opening the size of a quarter? It’s important to do everything you can to make it more difficult for these pests to gain access to your home. Some recommended methods to help keep rodents out include:
- Seal all cracks in your home’s exterior, even very small ones. Remember, they only need a tiny opening to get into your house.
- Seal all doors and windows in your home. Use tight-fitting screens and appropriate weather stripping.
- Make a careful inspection of your house. Do you have any broken windows, damaged sills or siding? How about foundation cracks? Make any necessary repairs.
- Look for gaps around pipes and stove, dryer and foundation vents.
- Install flashing to keep rodents and other pests from climbing up your siding and getting into the attic.
How Can I Make My Home Less Inviting To Rodents?
You have to make it clear to rodents that they are definitely not welcome! Our technicians can identify potential problems during their visit. Here are some tips for you:
- Never leave uncovered food – including pet food – out where it could attract rodents. Keep it in containers rodents cannot gnaw through. Good materials for this include metal or glass but not plastic.
- Good sanitation and housekeeping are always important.
- Remove any piles of debris, stones, bricks, etc. around your home that could shelter rodents.
- Cover trash cans with snug, metal lids rodents cannot gnaw through.
- If you have pets, store all pet and bird food in tightly sealed glass or metal containers.
- If you have a compost container, elevate it to at least 1 foot off the ground.
- If you have fruit or nut trees, keep the area free of fallen fruits and nuts. Any such foods that remain on the ground can attract rodents.
- Check your garage for potential items attractive to rodents. If you are storing lawn seed, tulip bulbs, bone meal or other things that might attract rodents, use tightly enclosed and rodent-proof containers.
- Eliminate hiding places in your yard that may harbor rodents by trimming shrubs, elevating firewood and keeping bushes away from the foundation.
How Do Rodents Damage Houses?
Because their teeth never stop growing, rodents like rats and mice are driven to gnaw constantly. If they gnaw on things like wiring, drywall and other parts of your home, the damage may be considerable.
Can Rodents Spread Diseases?
Throughout history, people have dreaded finding rodents in their living spaces, and there’s a good reason for that. They are a health hazard that may carry many diseases, including the hantavirus, salmonella, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, rat-bite fever – even bubonic plague. Some diseases are spread by a rat’s saliva, urine and droppings. A dead rat is also potentially infectious. Trust us to make your home rodent-free and restore it to safety. We have the right experience and necessary safety equipment to do it right.
Are You Ready To Be Rodent-Free?
Nobody wants rodent roomies! To evict them, give us a call. For the rodent control East Peoria IL trusts, turn to Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. Call us today at 309-839-9840.