Stay Ahead of Infestations with a Termite Inspection in Peoria IL
No home is safe from the insatiable hunger of termites! Termite infestations can compromise the structural stability of your home. Termites cause severe damage to wood frames, interior walls, exterior walls, furniture and more! And too often, businesses or homeowners are only aware of termites after the damage has already been done. For this reason, a termite inspection in Peoria IL is crucial. If you suspect termites or other pests have made themselves comfortable on your property, seek expert termite control from Albert’s Termite & Pest Control.
What We Look For During a Termite Inspection
The process for a termite inspection for your home or business is relatively straightforward. With minimal prep work on the part of property owners, our expert inspectors can quickly check for obvious signs of termites and discuss the next steps for treatment. During your termite inspection, Albert’s technicians will look for:
- Mud tubes: Termites build these to travel between their nest and food sources, one of the most evident infestations signs.
- Wood damage: Termites feed on wood, leaving behind telltale signs such as discolored or weakened areas in furniture and walls.
- Discolored spots on walls: Termites tend to leave dark brown stains or patches along skirting boards, window sills and other wooden structures in your home or business premises.
- Wings/dead termites: During swarming season (usually March-April), you can find dead wings around windowsills that appear after nymphs have shed them upon emerging from their casings, indicating a mature colony nearby.
- Signs of moisture near entry points: Termites require moist soil to stay alive. If you notice any dampness around entry points like air vents or plumbing pipes, it could indicate an infestation inside your walls and flooring, as well as outside your building structure.
Termite Treatment Options
After your termite inspection in Peoria IL, the next steps are treatment! Thankfully, Albert’s Termite & Pest Control utilizes one of the best-known solutions for termite control: TERMIDOR! TERMIDOR is one of the most popular and widely used treatment methods for eliminating termites. TERMIDOR is a liquid treatment, able to transfer between carriers and infect/eliminate a termite colony in three months or less. Those who use TERMIDOR can attest to its effectiveness and speed, offering a long-term solution to your property’s termite woes.
Call Albert’s Today
Before a termite infestation does expensive and irreparable damage to your home, seek a fast and thorough termite inspection in Peoria IL through Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. To learn more about our pest control services or request a quote, contact Albert’s today at 309-839-9840. We serve residential and commercial clients in Peoria, East Peoria, Morton, Pekin and the surrounding communities.