Turn To The Mice And Pest Control East Peoria IL Trusts
We understand how upsetting it can feel to find out you have mice or other pests infesting your home. We are here to help, regardless of what kind of pest you’re dealing with. Call us today and get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve got the mice and pest control Peoria IL trusts on the job: Albert’s Termite & Pest Control.
Do I Really Need An Expert To End My Pest Problems?
Pest infestations can quickly get out of control if not handled correctly. The pest control experts at Albert’s have been dealing with termites, mice, rats, cockroaches, bees, fleas, ants and many other pests for more than 40 years. We understand how to deal with household pests safely and have the permits to use chemicals not available to the general public. We utilize only EPA-approved chemicals and all Albert’s technicians are well-trained and certified in their use. Rest assured, we will handle your pest problem as carefully as we would take care of it if it were our own house.
Can I Prevent Mice And Rats From Entering My Home?
Rodents are quite resourceful at finding ways to gain entrance to places where food and warmth are available. That does not mean you cannot take steps to help keep them out. It’s important to understand how small a space they need to slip into your home. Chances are good that small openings you think are too small to allow these pests in are large enough. For example, a mouse needs only a hole as small as a dime! Rats require a slightly larger hole, but can get through a hole only the size of a quarter. Read on for some information about deterring these pests:
- Inspect your home’s exterior, keeping an eye out for even the smallest openings, and seal any that you can find.
- Don’t forget to include your foundation in the inspection. Make repairs to any small crack.
- Pay special attention to pipes and vents and rodent-proof them.
Are There Specific Things That Attract Pests?
Pests require very little to attract them. Try these basic tips to discourage rodents and other pests from infesting your home:
- Do you have pets? Make certain you store their food in a way that prevents it attracting pests like roaches or rodents. Don’t let it set out for long periods.
- While good housekeeping practices are important, keep in mind that an infestation can happen to the cleanest home. It is not a reflection on your sanitation!
- Choose tightly covered and rodent-proof trash containers.
- Do you have any fruit or nut trees? During harvest season, keep the area under the tree cleaned up. Fallen fruits attract a variety of pests.
- Inspect your garage, garden shed and basement for materials that may attract pests. If you have things like grass seed or flower bulbs or grass seed, store them in containers that rodents cannot chew into.
How Dangerous Are Rats And Mice?
Throughout history, people have recognized the dangers that rodents pose. They will chew on anything and are highly destructive. There is a reason they gnaw on everything: Their teeth grow continuously throughout their lives, and constant gnawing is necessary to keep their teeth from growing too long. When they’re in your home, that thing they chew on could be your drywall, wiring or even the lumber supporting your walls. However, as bad as the gnawing is, there is an even more important reason to get rid of these pests: Rodents can carry dangerous diseases. Our professional team has the proper equipment and training to safely deal with droppings, urine and dead rodents. Let us take care of these things for you.
Will Termites Really Eat My House?
They sure will! To termites, your house looks delicious. So if you even suspect you may have a termite infestation, you will want to get rid of them as quickly as possible. If you have not had a termite inspection since you purchased your house years ago, it’s time. Have you seen signs of an active termite infestation? Call us right away so we can help prevent these pests from causing serious damage to your home. If we do find termites, not to worry. We use Termidor, a 100 percent effective termite treatment for your home or for any non-food business.
You Deserve A Pest-Free Home!
It’s time to restore your home to safety and comfort. For the mice and pest control East Peoria IL trusts, turn to Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. Call us today at 309-839-9840.