Call The Rat Exterminator Peoria IL Trusts
If you find a rat in your house, you are probably alarmed, and that’s understandable. Nobody wants to share their house with rats! They are hazardous to your health. Call the rat exterminator Peoria IL trusts: Albert’s Termite & Pest Control
How Can I Prevent Rats From Coming Inside?
Keeping a determined rat from getting into a building is a challenge. Did you know rats can squeeze through an opening the size of a quarter? It’s important to do everything you can to make it more difficult for rodents to gain access to your home. Some of the methods you can use include:
- Seal all cracks in your home’s exterior, keeping in mind what a small opening they require.
- Seal all doors and windows with tight-fitting screens and weather stripping.
- Make certain doors and windows are properly sealed with tight-fitting screens and appropriate weather stripping.
- Check your house for broken windows, damaged sills or siding and foundation cracks.
- Pay particular attention to gaps around pipes and stove, dryer and foundation vents.
- Install flashing to keep pests from climbing up your siding and getting into the attic.
Can I Make My Home Less Inviting To Rats?
We can help you make it clear to rats that they are definitely not welcome! Our technicians can identify potential problems during their visit. Here are some tips to try:
- Don’t leave uncovered food – including pet food – out where it could attract rodents. Keep it in containers rats cannot gnaw through, such as metal or glass.
- Always practice good sanitation and housekeeping.
- Remove any piles of debris, stones, bricks, etc. around your home that could shelter rats and other rodents.
- Cover trash cans with snug, metal lids. Rats and other rodents can gnaw through plastic.
- Store pet and bird food in tightly sealed glass or metal containers.
- Elevate your compost container at least 1 foot off the ground.
- Pick up around fruit trees so fallen fruit or nuts do not remain on the ground.
- Clean up your garage. If you are storing lawn seed, tulip bulbs, bone meal or other things that might attract rodents, keep them in tightly enclosed and rodent-proof containers.
- Eliminate hiding places by removing ivy, trimming shrubs, elevating firewood and keeping bushes away from the home’s foundation.
Can Rats Damage A House?
Unfortunately, rats can indeed damage your home. Because their teeth never stop growing, rodents are driven to gnaw. If they gnaw on wiring, drywall and other parts of your home, the damage can be considerable.
Do Rats Spread Disease?
Like other rodents, rats may carry diseases, including the hantavirus, salmonella, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, rat-bite fever – even bubonic plague. A rat’s saliva urine and droppings can spread some diseases. So can a dead rat. Call us so we can restore your home to safety. We have the necessary safety equipment and know-how.
Are You Ready To Be Rodent-Free?
If you don’t want rodents as roommates, give us a call. The rat exterminator Peoria IL trusts is Albert’s Termite & Pest Control. Give us a call today at 309-839-9840.